Kid Fun

Just an update on the kids.

Avery just started taking trumpet lessons again, his first lesson was on Tues. His other teacher left to go to college so we have been trying to find a new teacher. Travis told me to call Mr. Ferrin and see if he was teaching or knew of somebody. So Avery's new teacher is Mr. Ferrin. At his first lesson he found out why Travis likes Mr. Ferrin so much. Avery loved it. He is still playing indoor soccer and trying to get ready for high school tryouts in a few weeks. He has 3 merit badges that are 3/4 of the way done and then a eagle project and he will have his eagle. He has been working really hard. He likes to help the neighbors and the other day when it snowed he was gone for a few hours plowing out the neighbors. I am proud of him.

Chelsea will start today with a flute teacher. Her name is Sunni. Chelsea is still working hard in school. She wants to tryout for the dance team at the Jr. High this year and so she is working hard in her dance class. She really likes playing the piano and she will just sit down and play sometimes for fun. Reminds me of myself. When spring comes she will be playing soccer again. She loves Young Women's and I am grateful for the wonderful leaders that she has.

Austin has decided to try something new this winter. Last fall he didn't have enough time for swimming and for soccer so he picked it back up this winter. In a short time they moved him from the pre-competition team to the comp team. A week from tomorrow he will swim in his first meet. He is going to do the 50m backstoke and the 50m freestyle. I'll let ya know how he does. He loves playing the saxaphone and is still playing the piano. His soccer team played one session of indoor soccer and in a couple of weeks his coach wants to start training outside. They are going to a tournament in Las Vegas in March. Austin just started in 11 year old scouts and he is going to Tracy with his dad and brother this weekend. He needs camping nights for his merit badge. He is doing awesome.

Brayden thinks he may want to swim also, but first he has to have some more swimming lessons. He is the only one that I didn't every make sure he had lessons. I worried about it a lot with the older kids because of the boat, but I let it slip with Brayden. Oh well, he started this week with lessons. I hope that he loves it. He is also taking piano and doing really good. I think Brayden will be my singer. He loves to sing and is always going around the house singing. The other kids get really sick of it and I remind them that we all have things we are good at and we can't stop people from doing what they love. He loves 2nd grade and his teacher. He is most excited about the fact it is 2008. When he was four he always wanted to know how long until he was baptized. I told him when he was eight. He said that would take forever and I told him to wait until 2008. On New Year's Eve after he yelled out the door he came running to me and said "Mom it's 2008 I get baptized this year." In March he will be baptized and he can hardly stand it. I am glad that he is looking forward to it.

That's the fun stuff going on around here.
4 Responses
  1. Stacy Says:

    Say HI to Mr. Ferrin for me. He taught me AP Music Theory in High School. He is so awesome and such a great teacher. Avery sure is lucky!


  2. Say hi to Mr. Ferrin for me as well, he was a great teacher even if he didn't play any sting instruments, he still knew what he was talking about. Also I was wondering when Austin's swim meet is and were, I don't work Fridays and I have always liked swim meets, I should have kept swimming as a child I quess. Anyways off the side story I would love to come and see him swim!!


  3. Dera Says:

    The meet is on Friday the 18th at 4:30 at Skyline High School. He would love to have you come.


  4. Anonymous Says:
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.