Avery

So Avery had been very excited for this spring season of soccer to start. He is a ninth grader and is able to try out for high school soccer. They had tryouts on Mon, Tues and Wed. I picked him up in front of seminary on Mon and he was pacing. I asked him if he was okay and he said he was nervous. He told me he always gets nervous before games and tryouts. I never knew. I picked him up Mon and asked him how he did and he said I did my best. I told him that was all we wanted him to do and we are proud of him for trying. At tryouts they had to do lots of running and there were about 125 kids. The coaches told the kids if they didn't like running not to come back the next day because they would be running a lot more. So on Tues I take him again and I go to pick him up and his doesn't come out of tryouts so I text him and he says I can't leave until they tell us who made first cuts. I sat in the car for a very long (long for me because I was nervous for him too) time. Finally he comes out and he made first cuts. He was so excited. Only about 75 kids showed up because of grades and they didn't want to run and they took about 50 kids for the final day of tryouts. I took him back on Wed and told him to do his best again. I went to get him and I could see the kids on the field and they were just waiting for the coaches to let them know. I see all of the kids start out the gate so I start driving over to find him and I can't find him anywhere. He finally calls me and says "Mom I have to go to a team meeting. I made the team." I was so excited for him. The first pre-season game is next Friday at Hunter. He has been working really hard at practice to be able to have some playing time. 4 freshman made the team and they may not get a lot of playing time, but people have told Avery that if he works really hard at practice that he may get some time. Yeah Avery!!!!!!!!!!!! Love ya kid!!!!!!!
4 Responses
  1. Travis Says:

    Hey congrats Avery. Taylor said you did well. Hopefully you will get some playing time this season, just work hard in practice.

    Travis


  2. good work Avery. Congrats on making the team, you rock


  3. Stacy Says:

    Yeah Avery!!! Good on ya!!


  4. Dera Says:

    Stacy, two of your nephews will be playing on the Hunter team. I think that is really cool.