The Crazy Bus Driver

I have to say that this week has been a rather eventful week. I think i will share some scary news and then we can move onto the fun stuff.

I needed to run to WalMart for cupcakes for Brayden's party on Friday so I decided to do it on Thursday afternoon. I stopped at the house to talk to Brayden and headed out to run these errands. I had an hour and knew that would be plenty of time, unless you run into a crazy bus driver. I was at the red light on 5200 W. waiting to turn left onto 3500 S. You have to know how excited I have been this week because of the warm weather which means that the mustang has been out of the garage. So I was waiting for the light when I look up and a school bus is headed straight for me. I heard something in my head tell me to put it in reverse and I backed up as much as I could to get out of his way, but he went in front of me and turned and ended up in the right turn lane. He took out the right front side of the car. I couldn't believe it had just happened. I got out of my car and went to the bus and he was telling the kids to get off the bus and go home. I called Mark to ask if I should call the police or if the Granite District people should handle it. He told me to call the police so I did. The granite guy that showed up was Tom Given and the bus driver is in a lot of trouble. First, it is against district policy to have the kids get off the bus and second, this is his third accident this year with this same group of kids. Luckily nobody was hurt and the damage to the car is minimal. I am thankful that Heavenly Father didn't whisper to me how to get out of the way, but said it very loud and clearly. I am afraid if I wasn't listening it would have been really bad.
3 Responses
  1. db Says:

    are you going to post any pictures?


  2. Stacy Says:

    Glad you are okay!


  3. Mahon Says:

    I'm still shocked at this story. I'm glad you're okay.