The 2nd week of Australia

During the 2nd week of our trip we spent the week walking all around Sydney and taking in the sites. We went to the Blue Mountains with Kevin, Stacy and Rylee. It was a great time. I tried to walk down the stairs to the sister rock, but I only made it half way down before I started panicking. The huge drop-off of course had nothing to do with it. Sometimes it's not fun to be scared of heights.

The Three Sisters

Still smiling.

Start of the panic.

The weather was beautiful and the sky had a blue haze to it. The heat of the day heats of the Gum Trees and puts eucalyptus oils in the air and makes the blue haze on the mountains. Some of the people in Stacy's ward asked if we were going to the Blue Mountains and I laughed to myself when I saw them because they are so small compared to the mountains around here. It was more fun to go there because of all the cute little towns and shops on the way there.

The Chocolate Store. Awesome hot chocolate.

Poor Mark.
The next day we went to the Taronga Zoo. We took the train into the city and then caught a ferry across Circular Quay to the zoo entrance. You take a sky ride all the way to the top and then work your way back down to the bottom. We saw a lot of really pretty birds, koalas, kangaroos, otters and all kinds of other animals. We were a little disappointed because we never saw the platypus.

Next on the list of things to see while in Australia was the beach and seashell hunting. I brought home 4 boxes of seashells. Stacy didn't think I could get them into the country, but they didn't even ask about them on our customs papers. So we headed off to Avalon Beach hunting for shells.


The next day we were waiting for the arrival of the next visitors at Stacy's house, Brandon, Julie and Claire. Madi and Cooper were so excited because they didn't have to go to school. After Brandon and Julie got a little settled we headed out for our next adventure to Darling Harbour. We went to Paddy's Market, Maritime Museum and the Aquarium.

Maritime Museum

I'm really glad I don't have to live on a submarine. I would get so claustrophobic.

Aquarium. It was soooo cool. They had walkways surrounded by the water and the fish, sharks, sting rays and turtles just swam around you.

The last day of our vacation we went to the Koala Park. It is close to Kevin and Stacy's and they had never been there before. I think it was one of the most fun places we went. It's among the top three anyway.




I love koalas and they are so soft. It was awesome to be that close to them.

We fed the Kangaroos. That was really fun.

Then we went to a Korean place for dinner. It was called Ben's .... I can't remember the rest, maybe Stacy can help me out.

The food was delicious and I loved the atmosphere. We cooked our own food at the table and I tried lots of new things.

No, I didn't try the octopus like Mark did, I am not that adventurous.
After dinner we headed off the the Sydney Temple to do a session.

What a great way to end our vacation serving in the House of the Lord.

Some of the things that I love about Sydney are the beautiful flowers, the colorful birds, the kookaburras and the cockatoos singing to us every morning, all the green space they preserve and spending time with family.

A beautiful kookaburra.
1 Response
  1. Stacy Says:

    It's called Ken's Charcoal BBQ and Grill I think. Not Ben - close though. Great photos.

    We will work on those Tim Tams for you.