Fun in Australia

So now that I have been home for a week and I feel like I am back to normal I have had some time to think about the things I really loved about Australia. Here are a few of them: hanging out with Mark, hanging out with Kev, Stacy, Madi, Cooper and Rylee, Stacy's cooking, walking on the beach looking for seashells, listening to the Kookaburras sing, trying new things and the beautiful flowers and birds.




I loved spending time with Mark and doing things that I don't normally do. Mark is defiantly more adventurous than I am, but I decided while we were in Australia that I should just try things and see what could happen. I don't think I am completely over my fear of water, but I am not as afraid as I used to be. I don't like to fly because of the take-offs and landings, but even that didn't bother me this time around. I tried new foods like: fish and chips, a great Korean restaurant, sausage, meat pies, Ginger Beer, vegemite, hot chocolate and pizza. I know pizza is not new, but in Australia it has a different taste and I like it much better than our pizza around here.

Stacy is an awesome cook and has learned how to cook lots of different things from scratch. I don't mean buy a cake mix and add water, I mean flour, sugar, vanilla, etc. Dinner tonight is a recipe from Stacy, yummy chicken. I had a great time going to the shops and finding out the things you need aren't all under one roof like WalMart. I even took my "green bags" with me this week when I went shopping.

I actually miss the Kookaburras singing to us every morning. They are a beautiful bird and I fell in love with them. For the first week or so I could only hear them I had never seen one and finally in Stacy's backyard we found one. I tried while we were there to video them or at least the sound they make and every time I was ready with the video camera they stopped singing. They have lots of really colorful birds, but I don't know all the names of them. I guess I will have to look them up.





I loved looking for seashells and I brought four boxes of seashells home. I found some glass containers at Target the other day and put all my shells in them. I love the beach and the water is so warm. I think I could have gone to the beach every day. It is very relaxing to watch the water come onto the shore. I have always loved the feel of sand between my toes.

We did lots of touristy things and those were all lots of fun too, but I think I will remember Australia for these reasons.
1 Response
  1. Stacy Says:

    Love your shells in those glass containers - they look so awesome!!

    I am surprised that my cooking is on your list - it's not that amazing. Thanks though!

    Glad you had fun while you were here!!! You could always come back and go to the beach everyday in the summer.