"Not so much fun" after Thanksgiving

So on Saturday of Thanksgiving we had Avery in the Instacare. He was running a fever and said his throat hurt. You guessed it strep. Then Chelsea told me her throat hurt too. Avery stayed home on Mon and Tues and Chelsea was home on Tues and Wed. About Wed. I ended up on the couch. Mark kept telling me I had hurry and get better. I couldn't keep anything down. It just went right though me. Well finally Mark told me that he was surprising me for our Anniversary and Brandon and Julie were coming on Friday night to stay with the kids. He told me we were going to The Homestead. Finally at about 3:00 Friday afternoon I went and took a shower and got ready to go. It was fun, but I still wasn't feeling terrific. It was really pretty because we had a bunch of snow dumped in the mountains. On Saturday we got up and went to Park City for a little shopping and when we were almost ready to come home Austin called me to tell me Avery had a hole in his nose. He was sledding with Brayden and another boy that was there was snowboarding and the board flipped up and hit Avery in the nose. Brandon took Avery to Instacare (again) and we met him there. He ended up with five stitches and no broken nose (they took x-rays). Austin is also running a fever and I'm sure it's from all the Cooper Thanksgiving fun. Several of the Cooper clan have been sick.


I guess even though we are all a little under the weather that tomorrow Mark and I have been married for 18 years. I think that is a big accomplishment. I love Mark more than I did 18 years ago and I am still glad I made the choice to marry him. We have a "little" bit of craziness at our house with all the boys, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
3 Responses
  1. Travis Says:

    Nice battle scar Avery.
    Travis


  2. Marie Says:

    Glad everyone is on the mend. Happy 18th anniversary. I know you still think Mark was the right choice, but how about those pink bow ties at the reception? J/K Dude 1989 rocks! (I say this with a "Bill and Ted" accent.)


  3. db Says:

    You deserve more than a weekend at the Homestead after that adventure!!