Musical Madness


The musical is over and we all worked really hard. We had a great time and met some new friends. Scott and I were able to play the piano in the pit with the orchestra. I have never been in the pit before and it was fun. I also got to play with Robert which I have never been able to do.



The kids all worked hard and met some really neat friends. I think they will be friends for a long time. They spent a lot of time together. Not only working on the play, but when they weren't needed on stage they were doing homework together in the hall.



We spent 2 1/2 months preparing to perform. The main acting parts where there a lot more than my kids where. We rehearsed every Wed and Thurs from 6-9 and every Sat from 8-11. They did a lot of sitting around waiting for their turn to perform, but finally the big night arrived.




They sang and danced and had lots of fun. We all had to get out of our comfort zones a little bit. Mark has never been in a play before and neither have the kids and the music was really hard so I had to practice lots.




My favorite part was the bottle dancing. Mark, Avery and Austin were in this part and I loved watching them. They had to concentrate so hard to keep their bottles on their hats.

Here's Austin

Here's Avery.
Here's Mark.

It was fun to be part of and the best part was that our testimonies of the gospel were strengthened. Tevye said, "Because of our traditions, everyone knows who he is and what God expects him to do." We have "traditions" in the gospel that help us remember where we came from and where we are going. I hope that we can all remember what our traditions are so that we can stay on the straight and narrow path.



2 Responses
  1. Stacy Says:

    I wish that I could have seen it. It sounds like it was amazing! You guys are hard workers!!


  2. Stacy Says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.